The HGST 4U60G2 Storage Platform is highly scalable and cost effective. With 12Gb/s SAS interface and HDD-SSD hybrid capability, the Platform is designed for data centers that need a dense solution with HA capabilities, while maintaining a low power profile.
The HGST 4U60G2 Storage Platform is the ideal choice for high-capacity storage needs.
The Platform delivers a set of unique advantages:
- 96TB-720TB in just 4U of rack height
- Enterprise-class serviceability and availability
- Integrated platform enables fast time-to-deployment
- Qualified, tested and certified with a broad range of HGST HDDs
 720TB capacity is only available with the 4U60G2 platform; 96TB is only available with the 4U60 platform.
- Up to 60 integrated Ultrastar® drive modules
− 4U60G2: available drive module capacity includes 12TB, 10TB, 8TB, and 6TB
− 4U60: available drive module capacity includes 10TB, 8TB, 6TB and 4TB
- Hybrid capability: can be configured with up to 12 800GB SSDs to create separate performance tiers within the platform
- Available with SAS drives for HA applications
- Available with 512e or 4Kn sector size (by part number)
- Supports up to 4 storage enclosures for daisy-chaining3
- Host connectivity:
− 4U60G2: 4 x HD Mini-SAS ports per IO Module
− 4U60: 2 x QSFP+ per IO Module
- Fully compliant with 12Gb/s SAS 3 interconnect
- Hot-swappable components: two power supplies with integrated fans, drive modules, and IO Modules
- Cable Management Arm (CMA) eliminates tangled cables during servicing of hotswappable CRUs
- SCSI Enclosure Services (SES-3)
- Microsoft certified for Windows Server 2012, 2012R2
- 5-year limited warranty
 One MB is equal to one million bytes, one GB is equal to one billion bytes and one TB equals 1,000GB (one trillion bytes) when referring to storage capacity. Accessible capacity will vary from the stated capacity due to formatting and partitioning of the hard drives, the operating system and other factors.